Recoil + sensitivity

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dC|Pol

Recoil + sensitivity

Post by dC|Pol »

Hi,

since the newer ET pro versions I noticed some changes in the recoil + the sensitivity.

Recoil seems more then before.
I tried it with older versions and the problem was gone.
Same with the sensitivity problem. I use very low sensitivity, but it wont work anymore..I dont have mouse accell enabled.The problem is as followed..

First my sens. is real slow. I can barely move..2 mins later my sens is superfast, so I can do a 360 turn without problems :|

I downloaded / Reinstalled ET / ET patch / ET pro and used new cfg etc..
Problem still remains.

Is there something that can be done about this??

Now we are talking about sensitivity..I have noticed the mg's on tanks etc are fixed sens.Can it be done that those mg's use your default sensitivity???

Thnx alot,

dC|Pol
defragga

Post by defragga »

I noticed that too with q3/rtcw and et, when I used an old Logitech Mouseware driver ... the sensitivity changed to incredible height...
after that I installed a new Mouseware and the problem was gone (my mouse = Logitech MX500)
kropa

Post by kropa »

defragga wrote:I noticed that too with q3/rtcw and et, when I used an old Logitech Mouseware driver ... the sensitivity changed to incredible height...
after that I installed a new Mouseware and the problem was gone (my mouse = Logitech MX500)
Read this tips for Mouseware users > http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=222946

I got rid of Mouseware few weeks ago ,and installed Razer drivers which work great on Mx310 :D
When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it is "MonsterKill", in Quake3 it is "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it is "Kicked by console"
dC|Pol

Post by dC|Pol »

Thnx alot, that seem to solve the sensitivity problem.

I still have the recoil problem though..Anyone who has this problem also??
MM

Post by MM »

Not to hijack this post but since we are on the topic of mice. There is a setting in options/controls (I think that's the one) that has a box that can be checked for smooth mouse. What does this do? I have tried it before and I really never noticed any difference.
MM
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

put your sensitivity up to the top, and look for the difference with it on and off

it's not much, but that is all i see the difference is
oh, and dont worry about hijackin, happens all the time round hurr
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
dC|Pol

Post by dC|Pol »

Mouse smoothing actually "accels" your mouse.Check it out for your self.

I noticed that if you move the mouse fast your sensitivity gets faster, and slow your sens get slower. Hard to say in words :D

Only way I could explain it..You really should check it out..I hate the smoothing thing though..
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

dC|Pol wrote:Mouse smoothing actually "accels" your mouse.Check it out for your self.

I noticed that if you move the mouse fast your sensitivity gets faster, and slow your sens get slower. Hard to say in words :D

Only way I could explain it..You really should check it out..I hate the smoothing thing though..
No, sensitivity is sensitivity. You're talking about MOUSE ACCELERATION:

cl_mouseaccel

...if set to > 0 ( or < 0 I guess... ), it will increase the speed of the mouse the further/faster you move it, so long movements take... maybe logarithmically more space to complete than say linearly ;)
defragga

Post by defragga »

No ... he meant a common problem with logitech mx500 etc... where your sensitivity randomly drops very high ... :D
But I think he has solved his prob ;)
dC|Pol

Post by dC|Pol »

UHm, mouse smoothing is the same thing as mouse accel aint it???

That's what I ment with my last post..
I just couldnt get the right words to awnser poster : MM.

Normally if u use low sensitivity, your sens keeps slow.Doesnt matter if you move your mouse fast or slow.

Offcourse you move faster when you move the mouse faster, but with mouse smoothing / accel enabled your mouse seem to go a lot faster when you move the mouse fast.

That's what I ment..I had the sensitivity problem yesterday again..But it was just one time...

It's only in ET though..In windows or other games no problems.But it's solved for 90%

Thnx,

Still seem to have the "recoil" problem though :x
If someone shoots me my screen shakes like hell.In other ET pro's it seems less.There is always some, but with the newer ET pro's it looks like it's a lot more..

And, my question about the mg42's..They have fixed sensitivity..Real fast imo.Is there a command to change the sens for those??

Or is it just in ET??

Thnx again and sorry for those anoying questions :wink:
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

dC|Pol wrote:UHm, mouse smoothing is the same thing as mouse accel aint it???
No, mouse smoothing is different again, and is best described as smoothed ( with a rolling average ) interpolation/extrapolation/correction of mouse samples.

It is almost no use on a high-end mouse ( 1000+ dpi ballmice like Razer's, later gen opticals ), and may actually impair the accuracy of the mouse ( though I don't think the impairment would be significant ). However, on older low-dpi ball mice, it can make a huge improvement to the 'jerkyness' or 'low framerate' of the mouse ( increases effective sample-rate/dpi ).
Bubbu

Post by Bubbu »

any1 got the same as his recoil probs....i do seem to have the same recoil probs dc|pol has.

Any1 got a solution for this 1??
mouse

Post by mouse »

small kick, since more people i talk to seem to have the recoil problem...
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

dC|Pol wrote:And, my question about the mg42's..They have fixed sensitivity..Real fast imo.Is there a command to change the sens for those??
theyre not fixed..they just use different yawspeed'ish... if u take the tankMG... and while holding it, try change ur sens.. it will affect it aswell
Bubbu

Post by Bubbu »

I ve talked with several people now that noticed aswell that the recoil/kick seems to be different (bigger) than it used to B before 3.0 allthough bani stated earlier that he didnt change anything...
Or is there any setting that can set it back to normal...