Proposal: Dynamite time oasis guns decrease!

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Koffieboon

Proposal: Dynamite time oasis guns decrease!

Post by Koffieboon »

I know this sounds strange but if you decrease the dynamite time at oasis gun to 20 seconds we are rid of the full holds and it will give a boost to play this map.. what do u think?
Deus

Post by Deus »

lets decrease the number of guns and make the small connection between the two water tunnels dynamiteable.
if wall is blasted, water is half height, so we can get through and win this game without even have to get the damn flag and blow the oldcitywall.

And put the commandposts into a safe, so nobody can destroy them easily once they are built :ugly:

PS: Make your own mod if you want dyn 20 secs, or become better so you do not need stupid ideas to rule oasis. ;)
DG

Post by DG »

just swap the allied & axis spawns, remove the middle flag and make teamdoors allied.

no more full holds :)
Koffieboon

Post by Koffieboon »

man plz be serious.. #1 i guess you want to change to much you can better make a new map then :/

#2 -
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

If u want to get rid of full holds, learn the walljump and simply jump over the wall without capturing the flag or destroying the wall.

The action sequence:
1) check for mines between north and south guns (needed for quick run between them)
2) plant dynamite on the north gun
3) run as fast as possible to the south gun, every second is critical
4) plant the dynamite at the gun and two mines under stairs to the gun.
5) If the first axis appears before the north gun explodes, hold them at least five seconds and u have won.
Koffieboon

Post by Koffieboon »

i can do walljump but it doesnt seem you guys understand.. i mean the pro wars.. oasis is always (almost always) full holds.. thats why.. if you dont know anything bout it keep shut :X
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

next_ghost wrote:If u want to get rid of full holds, learn the walljump and simply jump over the wall without capturing the flag or destroying the wall.

The action sequence:
1) check for mines between north and south guns (needed for quick run between them)
2) plant dynamite on the north gun
3) run as fast as possible to the south gun, every second is critical
4) plant the dynamite at the gun and two mines under stairs to the gun.
5) If the first axis appears before the north gun explodes, hold them at least five seconds and u have won.
Your action sequence seems kinda FUBAR. What about your chargebar @ 3 and 4 ? and there won't be any mines when the wall isn't breached yet
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

SickBoy wrote:Your action sequence seems kinda FUBAR. What about your chargebar @ 3 and 4 ? and there won't be any mines when the wall isn't breached yet
Well, I won oasis this way about 50 times by now and still counting. If the rest of my team does what they have to, average mission time is about 2:30 and less. And I can firmly say that axis defused the second dynamite only once and about a second before it would explode.

Chargebar: I forgot to mention that u have plenty of time before point 2 so u put the dynamite on the gun, wait until the bar recharges to at least 1/3rd and THEN arm it. :idea: By the time u get to the second gun, u should have enough power for another dynamite (if u have command post).

Mines: Some players know about walljump danger and they go to build command post and plant some mines around guns on the beginning. Better spend a minute to check the way than die on a mine between guns.

4 Koffieboon: Develop better assault strategy and stop whining. U have 2 main paths, 5 entrances, mortar, support fire, airstrikes, medics - use them.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

next_ghost wrote:
SickBoy wrote:Your action sequence seems kinda FUBAR. What about your chargebar @ 3 and 4 ? and there won't be any mines when the wall isn't breached yet
Well, I won oasis this way about 50 times by now and still counting. If the rest of my team does what they have to, average mission time is about 2:30 and less. And I can firmly say that axis defused the second dynamite only once and about a second before it would explode.
Eh, on pubs, or in matches/scrims ? If the latter, what teams are you playing that you managed to walljump unnoticed ?
send lawyers, guns and money
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:Eh, on pubs, or in matches/scrims ? If the latter, what teams are you playing that you managed to walljump unnoticed ?
I don't play in clan because of my connection and framerate, but about 5 of those victories were against at least 3 people from the same clan (and I don't recall any where I was supported by more than two from the same clan).

Anyway, there're strategies directly against walljump that may prove more successful in regular defense than others.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

next_ghost wrote: I don't play in clan because of my connection and framerate
Organized play is very different, even compared to pubbing against a bunch of people from a single clan. The walljump does get used in matches, but when the whole other team is on voice, it is a lot harder to do without being noticed. In general, to do that, you would need to kill the entire opposing team, and if they realize your team didn't get the flag when you could have, they are likely to catch on.
send lawyers, guns and money