Tank Bug

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Apocolyps3

Tank Bug

Post by Apocolyps3 »

While scrimming yesterday we found out that the tank had a bug. The guy on it was invisible! I'm not sure if this is an etpro problem or if it was just him but i wanted to let you know.

-Apocolypse
:o
Deus

Post by Deus »

do you have a demo ?
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

yeah, i've noticed this also, the hitboxes for the player is incredibly small, it seems like its only head shots that register, i watched a guy empty and entire clip in a guy in the tank from behind and not a single shot registered, only when you shoot above the head does it register correctly, err well register anyways
Last edited by Imbroglio on Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Till DEATH do us Part
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Not to go a little off topic but I know I gave bani a link to the other tank bug were you can't repair it. Not sure if that helped..
Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Imbroglio wrote:yeah, i've noticed this also, the hitboxes for the player is incredibly small, it seems like its only head shots that register, i watched a guy empty and entire clip in a guy in the tank from behind and not a single shot registered, only when you shoot above the head does it register correctly, err well register anyways
Yes, the feeling isn't the same in 3.1.0 as before, don't know how to describe it, but i think that there could be some bug with hitboxes when you are on the tenk mounted mg.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Neuro wrote:
Imbroglio wrote:yeah, i've noticed this also, the hitboxes for the player is incredibly small, it seems like its only head shots that register, i watched a guy empty and entire clip in a guy in the tank from behind and not a single shot registered, only when you shoot above the head does it register correctly, err well register anyways
Yes, the feeling isn't the same in 3.1.0 as before, don't know how to describe it, but i think that there could be some bug with hitboxes when you are on the tenk mounted mg.
It's not just a 3.1.0 thing - I remember getting that in 3.0.1. Not sure about earlier, though tbh I don't remember it happening in etmain.
Apocolyps3

Post by Apocolyps3 »

Sorry i have no demo but i remember it, I tryed to get on tank and one of my clan members said he was invisible on the tank. And when he got off you can see him.
:o
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Maybe ask the team you were scrimming if they have demo's of it?
dragon

Post by dragon »

I've found recently since 3.1.0 that sniping at someone in a tank is a lot harder (that is, the shots don't register)

However, aiming as low down on their body as possible seems to do the trick (Gut-shot instead of head-shot!)

Pain in the butt really :/
deej

Post by deej »

In the gutt you mean ^^

But it's true, something about players on the tank is borked. At certain instances you have trouble hitting them even though they're sitting ducks.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Yesterday I saw the tank riding over a destroyed bridge in fd. Thought that was fixed ages ago?
Deus

Post by Deus »

SickBoy wrote:Yesterday I saw the tank riding over a destroyed bridge in fd. Thought that was fixed ages ago?
no, and this is a pita to fix.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... t=tank+bug

here iv had it before i dunno why it happent but it did lol
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Any chance to add a Cvar to make the tank get damged with Friendly fire until the bug is found?
Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Can anybody comfirm about hitboxes, when you are on tenk? Are they broken ( or different from 3.0.1) ?