Longdistance shooting

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ludvig

Longdistance shooting

Post by Ludvig »

How many people would be sad to see the, decreasing of dmg over longer distances, disappear from future ETPro versions?
I for one would be very happy to see it gone, but I have no idea if I'm the only one.

Kind Regards
Christian Ludvigsen
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

no... distance fallout is a good thing.. while may seem to be dumb... it makes weapons that are meant for distance to actually be worth something... ie sniperrifles

in rtcw... a sniper would be taken out all the time from smgs from across the map.. if eliminating the distance fallout in ET... it gives the sniper rifles no clear advantage over the smgs... and its weak as is... there isnt the big damage from the sniperrifle to make up for the elimination of distance unlike in RTCW
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

Maybe make it optional so leagues/public server admins can decide wether they want it or not...
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Damage reduction over long distance is a good thing, it favours the attacking team
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

yea i'd have to agree to keep it, if you took it out it'd be like OSPassault all over again, come through the forward spawn bay door, some guy has an smg on the ground near the radar garage doors, fixed vertical mouse position to pure headshots, holds fire down while axis run out and then 5 out of 6 are dead, truely pissing off entire clans in matches :evil:
Till DEATH do us Part
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

SickBoy wrote:Damage reduction over long distance is a good thing, it favours the attacking team
i dont think so.
the distance between two people fighting each other doesn't depend on atacking or defending position.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

you are all thread hijackers, this poor guy asks "how many people", and you are all like "don't change this" and "we need a cvar!" and "we need more salty nuts". Pff, give this guy a break, thank you
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

Lagger wrote:you are all thread hijackers, this poor guy asks "how many people", and you are all like "don't change this" and "we need a cvar!" and "we need more salty nuts". Pff, give this guy a break, thank you
shall i guess how many people would be sad?
none. most of them were used to the old system and the rest wouldn't even notice the change.
ender-wiggin

Re: Longdistance shooting

Post by ender-wiggin »

Ludvig wrote:How many people would be sad to see the, decreasing of dmg over longer distances, disappear from future ETPro versions?
I for one would be very happy to see it gone, but I have no idea if I'm the only one.

Kind Regards
Christian Ludvigsen
Yes! I'd love to make fueldump even longer! Maybe 80 minute AB rounds? I dare an engie to get near the bridge build boxes!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
exclamation point abuse!

Oh yeah.. Sad? none. Irked? Peeved? Irate? Mad? Angry? Bitchy? A bunch.

(umm.. just having fun. Don't take this too seriouslyy)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I wouldn't mind seeing the headshot damage drop off less. At extreme range, an HS is no better than a BS, which is BS, IMO, TBH, FWIW. :silly: :nag:
send lawyers, guns and money
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the headshot damage drop off less. At extreme range, an HS is no better than a BS, which is BS, IMO, TBH, FWIW. :silly: :nag:
WTF R U :lol2: about ?