small feature request

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

suave>>seed

small feature request

Post by suave>>seed »

When you dive on your own nade, it should count as a death. The only thing that SHOULDN'T count as a death is being teamkilled. It's not really important or anything, but I was shocked recently to see statwhores diving on their own nades (as opposed to simply /kill'ing) in order to get better stats. I'm all for putting an end to this lameness. :D
Rain

Post by Rain »

eating your own grenade doesn't count as a death?!
:curse: :shoot: :shoot:
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
bacon

Re: small feature request

Post by bacon »

suave>>seed wrote:but I was shocked recently to see statwhores diving on their own nades (as opposed to simply /kill'ing)
I don't see how it's statwhoring. Afterall it counts as a miss for grenades...
suave>>seed

Post by suave>>seed »

bacon wrote:
suave>>seed wrote:but I was shocked recently to see statwhores diving on their own nades (as opposed to simply /kill'ing)
Because they only care about kill/death stats...
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

bacon wrote:
Yes if a person takes the time to lay on there own nade rather then just /killing then they are in it for the kill/death ratio
suave>>seed

Post by suave>>seed »

same goes for falling to your death or self-arty/airstriking. believe it or not, people actually do kill themselves in these manners, on purpose, simply to get a better looking kill/death ratio. it's pretty damn sad. i know it's not a big issue or anything, but i figure if you make /kill's count as a death, you might as well make every other method of suicide the same.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'd fall to my death just for the humor value (if i was planning on /killing and i had time)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

lol. it's things like this that make me hate gaming sometimes. et is all about the team aspect, yet people are still stuck in quake mentality. i refuse to look at my stats or the score during a game. why does it matter what my headshot ratio is? the all important question in ET is - are we going to win?

your personal numbers do NOT matter, except as a personal meter to track your own progress, perhaps. but you certainly don't need to check your stats during every game! what's the point? if you see your accuracy is down 3 percentage points, is that going to suddenly make you step up and concentrate better?

gah, if bani should do anything, he should strip out everything that resembles personal glory. you are simply the class you choose - play hard and look for your flag at rounds end. if you see it, you and all your teammates did well. if not, you all sucked.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
SoL

Post by SoL »

The game is based on teamwork, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any individual elements to it aswell. While i agree with what Seed said, all forms of suicide should count as a death, removing all stats is pretty dumb, i care about my sccuracy to see if it improves, i don't really care about k/d though.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i think the idea is to keep personal stats, but dont billboard them for everyone else.

lots of players use stats as a penis extender, playing as a complete retard simply to get uber stats to show off to others. not showing stats to anyone else would pretty much kill statwhoring dead.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

that's actually so brilliant in it's simplicity that i'm scratching my head why it never occurred to me.

only problem would be even MORE "i just went 100-10, 50% acc, h4w h4w pwn3d!!!!!111"

but thats mostly a pub worry and that already happens anyway, so yeah man, make it so only YOU can see your stats :D:D:D

/me waits for the naysayers, so i can make a mental note of whom to label as statwhores for future reference...
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

well imo this is a competition mod and u dont have problems with stat whoring in clan matches, i know its a problem in publics, but is it a problem unless u urself actually cares about stats???

u will always get sum players that rank themselves compared to others, if there is a scoring system or any kind, or a player tracking system
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002