Game

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

pro

Game

Post by pro »

I got some questions regarding game settings in Enemy Territory.

My specs:

P4 2.66 MHZ 533FSB
1024 MB PC 2700 333mhz DDR
ATI Radeon x800 256MB Pro
18" LCD Monitor FLAT
Sound Blaster Audigy LS
160 GIG Seagate 7200 / 40 Gig Segate 7200
Cable Modem Roadrunner Timewarner AOL

I would like people to help that KNOW about the game's CODE and have lots of expierience.

1. COM_HUNKMEGS -(DEFAULT 56)- Does this improve your game at all, as in screen movement, video lag, and other aspects more smoothness?

2. COM_ZONEMEGS -(DEFAULT 24)- What does this do, I've heard about SCRIPTS and what not for this, but that doesnt clarify anything, please unalias this legend.

3. COM_SOUNDMEGS -(DEFAULT 24)- I dont understand this, what kind of sounds are used for RAM?

4. R_SUBDIVISIONS -(DEFAULT 4)- What does this do? Divides individual textures on your screen?

5. CL_MAXPACKETS -(DEFAULT 30)- I've heard of lots about this... Set your packets to your COM_MAXFPS like com_maxfps 76 cl_maxpackets 76, but what does this do? Wouldnt you wanna put this at 100 maxxed out, for best stability and connection?

6. SNAPS -(DEFAULT 20)- I've seen people use all kind of SNAPS it ponders me, 20/30/40 People max it out, some others say 30 for DSL, and other say dont let SNAPS go above 20, because of the SV_FPS 20 on most default servers that goes unchanged.

7. S_KHZ -(DEFAULT 22)- Something about the SOUND in KHZ 11, 22, 44 - I have mine on ULTRA HIGH - I wondered if this is bad since I only have a Sound blaster audigy LS card.

Heres' what I have mine at:

I've looked at Dators, Juhan, Kotitis, and a couple of dT's and Dskys' players configs.

CL_MAXPACKETS 76
COM_MAXFPS 76
SNAPS 40
COM_HUNKMEGS 512
COM_ZONEMEGS 64
COM_SOUNDMEGS 64
R_SUBDIVISIONS 4
S_KHZ 44

Can you please tell me if this is correct, or should I up it some, since I have a better system.

I run everything on HIGH GRAPHICs in my ET, lodbias 0, picmip 0 blah blah, no compression for Textures and what not.

I'm just trying to improve my game.
http://www.r3vclan.com

"Old School, always Professional."
gotenks

Re: Game

Post by gotenks »

pro wrote:I got some questions regarding game settings in Enemy Territory.

My specs:

P4 2.66 MHZ 533FSB
1024 MB PC 2700 333mhz DDR
ATI Radeon x800 256MB Pro
18" LCD Monitor FLAT
Sound Blaster Audigy LS
160 GIG Seagate 7200 / 40 Gig Segate 7200
Cable Modem Roadrunner Timewarner AOL

I would like people to help that KNOW about the game's CODE and have lots of expierience.

1. COM_HUNKMEGS -(DEFAULT 56)- Does this improve your game at all, as in screen movement, video lag, and other aspects more smoothness?
i have mine set to 128, anything over 76 is in excess, but i've seen a few maps need 72
2. COM_ZONEMEGS -(DEFAULT 24)- What does this do, I've heard about SCRIPTS and what not for this, but that doesnt clarify anything, please unalias this legend.
not exactly sure, but i upped mine to 32
3. COM_SOUNDMEGS -(DEFAULT 24)- I dont understand this, what kind of sounds are used for RAM?
all game things have to go through ram, this is how much space is allocated for them, again upped mine to 32 butr didn't see much/if any difference
4. R_SUBDIVISIONS -(DEFAULT 4)- What does this do? Divides individual textures on your screen?
never modified this
5. CL_MAXPACKETS -(DEFAULT 30)- I've heard of lots about this... Set your packets to your COM_MAXFPS like com_maxfps 76 cl_maxpackets 76, but what does this do? Wouldnt you wanna put this at 100 maxxed out, for best stability and connection?
max packets is the ammount of info sent to the server (iirc), 1 packet = 1 frame, hence making it equil to maxfps is a good idea
6. SNAPS -(DEFAULT 20)- I've seen people use all kind of SNAPS it ponders me, 20/30/40 People max it out, some others say 30 for DSL, and other say dont let SNAPS go above 20, because of the SV_FPS 20 on most default servers that goes unchanged.
leave it at 20, the snaps = server snapshots, and the server is set to 20fps manditory, anything else waists bandwith/gives you less frames (even higher may give you fewer)
7. S_KHZ -(DEFAULT 22)- Something about the SOUND in KHZ 11, 22, 44 - I have mine on ULTRA HIGH - I wondered if this is bad since I only have a Sound blaster audigy LS card.
i don't play with it, but if you're not noticing any neg. effects don't worry

Heres' what I have mine at:

I've looked at Dators, Juhan, Kotitis, and a couple of dT's and Dskys' players configs.

CL_MAXPACKETS 76
COM_MAXFPS 76
SNAPS 40 20
COM_HUNKMEGS 512 128
COM_ZONEMEGS 64
COM_SOUNDMEGS 64
R_SUBDIVISIONS 4
S_KHZ 44

Can you please tell me if this is correct, or should I up it some, since I have a better system.

I run everything on HIGH GRAPHICs in my ET, lodbias 0, picmip 0 blah blah, no compression for Textures and what not.

I'm just trying to improve my game.
512 means 512MB is JUST for ET, and it will probably never use more then 76
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Most of these things have been described in previous threads. *megs, snaps, and cl_maxpackets in particular.

R_SUBDIVISIONS controls the level of detail of curves. Higer = lower quality. It might be good for some FPS gains, but I would expect the gains to diminish quit quickly as you increase it. It also gets very ugly:
http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... ic&t=10693

As gotenks said, there is no reason to set hunkmegs huge. 128 should be plenty. Once you have enough memory, allocating more doesn't make things faster. Based on posts by rain, upping sound and zonemegs a bit seems reasonable.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

for hunkmegs, open hunkusage.dat and find the biggest number. i have NEVER needed high hunkmegs except when messing with local servers and testing things. for simply playing you don't need it to be high. i used 64, which was still overkill, untill i needed it higher for test server stuff.

for soundmegs, drop the console in game and do /s_list to see how much is in use. then scroll up and see if sounds are being paged out. this is generally bad. ET has 120 megs of sounds, so if u have a ton of ram, use 128 - although you will never need or see every sound in residence at once.

subdivisions is curve roundness. start a local server and run /devmap battery. go inside and look at some handrails on the stairs. now do /r_showtris 1 and mess with subdivisions to see exactly what it does.

maxpackets is just that - maximum packets. obviously higher is better, but you don't want it to be higher than your fps. it also cant go higher than 100. if u run maxfps 125 steadily, use maxpackets 100. if maxfps is 76, use 76 for packets. if u use 76 for fps but still drop below that often, try maxpackets 38 - or use 43 for both.

snaps is an old wives tale. 40 does absolutely nothing. 30 is detrimental. 20 is the correct setting.

s_khz - ive never noticed a loss of quality at 11 vs 22 so i assume it does nothing (altho ive done no testing to verify), but i do have crashes at 44 because i run onboard sound - however there is no quality gain at 44 from my experience, so it's pointless. basically everyone should use 22 IMO.

remember that none of those players configs are going to be relavent for you. i highly recommend that you start with a default config and methodically educate yourself about each cvar until you actually know what each one does before changing it from default. just because Joe Fragsalot allocates a petabyte for hunkmegs or runs at fov 360 (assuming that were possible :P) doesn't mean it's "right". they might just be uneducated and ignorant and are just doing what someone told them - but their skill is such that they are able to play well despite their poorly configured settings.

here's what i use for the cvars you listed:

CL_MAXPACKETS 76
COM_MAXFPS 76
SNAPS 20
COM_HUNKMEGS 64-192 depending what i'm doing
COM_ZONEMEGS default
COM_SOUNDMEGS 128 (vast unecessary overkill, 64 is more than enough)
R_SUBDIVISIONS 1024 - simply because i don't get the strange artifacts some ppl get with this set high, and i want railings etc as low detail as possible because they add nothing to gameplay. i was too lazy to test and determine the max value, so i used an obvious huge number. lots of ppl use 999 for the same reason, but 1024 is more logical. at any rate, it doesn't help me one iota so you can leave it at 4, or perhaps 8 or 16. BTW, for max detail in demos/movies, use 0. it actually IS more detailed than 1. edit: here's another example of what it does (yes i was bored :P): http://img117.exs.cx/img117/5196/archdivisions9oi.gif - zero difference in FPS on an empty server. i suppose if you were on a map with a huge amount of arches/railing/etc it might help to lower the detail.
S_KHZ 22

but again, what i or anyone else uses should hold no sway over what you decide to use. for one thing, being a good player doesn't mean you know anything about this stuff, and vice versa. i know more than many ppl i've met who own me in humiliating fashion - and at the same time, i'm a novice at best (as both player and tweaker)
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
deej

Post by deej »

ouroboro wrote:for soundmegs, drop the console in game and do /s_list to see how much is in use. then scroll up and see if sounds are being paged out. this is generally bad. ET has 120 megs of sounds, so if u have a ton of ram, use 128 - although you will never need or see every sound in residence at once.
It's possibly placebo but I have the impression maps load faster when I increased this to 64 on my system :?.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

i read that for soundmegs it actually stores sounds that you will use for that map, (doorsqueaks,vsays,artillery,sirens,etc...) so setting to a huge number like 128 will store ALL of the maps sounds in the buffer and have it ready for use when needed. For this reason, it is unecessary with today's system because you dont need sound on the fly, your system can just as easily retrieve the sound info(which is small anyway) from the system. Therefore 32 is fine. Since you have a full meg of ram, you can go ahead and use a huge number like 64 or 128 and wont notice any difference, but then again, I also read that Elvis is alive so check me out.
DG

Post by DG »

Im not 100% on any of these but then neither is pretty much anyone else.

- apparently sets the amount of RAM to reserve for "most stuff". increasing might get a little less hitching, harddrive access ingame, or whatever, and regardless is useful to up a little since the odd custom map requires higher hunkmegs. Anyone with 512mb or more of ram can set this to 128mb.

- trying to research this has been a pain in the arse, google finds rather a lot of pages (much of which are copy/paste of what i assume is a Q3 patch readme or .plan or something). Best hint seems to be this is used for loading map and texture information, seems a little surprising if so, I'd have thought map + textures would use up the bulk of memory needed.

- sounds are basically .wav files and for the computer to access any file really quickly you'd want it to already be in RAM. I guess increasing soundmegs means more sound files can be "preloaded", but apparently ET (and rtcw, q3 etc) has a smart system for loading them so not really a problem. There's a thread in here somewhere (unless it was SD forum) going in depth and suggesting 32 or 64mb as a max. Personally I started getting some audio a bit fubar at 64mb (audigy gamer/player soundcard).

- increasing it starts to make curves look like straight lines. doubt there's going to be any noticable fps improvement even on really ugly mode.

- dunno tbh, "best" setting seems disputed everywhere, and ofcourse its impossible to seperate. Sticking with 30, 60 or 100 seems popular, as does setting it equal to (or a fraction of, i.e. half) your fps.

- 20, several threads around here are more than convincing anything else feeling better as placebo.

- 11 = low quality audio, 22 = normal, while 44 would i suppose be in theory roughly at cd quality. might use a bit more cpu, but I find audio underrated and 44khz is no problem for an audigy so thats what i use.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I have to admit to being a tad confused, because lately I've been hearing a lot of people talk about how ET only uses about 70MB of RAM. I run a HunkMegs of 384 and Task Manager says ET uses about 230-300MB of RAM on average when I'm playing...

That's a shot with ET just opened and connected to an empty server running SOS Secret Weapon. I know by the end of a long campaign usage will be over 290. Why's my ET such a resource whore?
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Don't assume all the memory comes from the hunk/zone/sound. Also realize that on a modern operating system, how much memory something uses has multiple possible interpretations. The fact that ET only needs 70 megs of hunk doesn't tell you anything about the overall requirements.

Finally, there is a huge difference between a dedicated server, and running a client and a listen server.
send lawyers, guns and money
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

hunkmegs = main map operations... all the stuff in background is still running...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Ah, ok, misinterpretation on my part. I thought HunkMegs was essentially all the RAM ET was allocated, and then it subdivided that for sound, textures, geometry, etc.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
pro

Post by pro »

when i changed from com_hunkmeg 56 and zone 24 and sound 24 to

hunk 256 zone 64 sound 64

It seems like my screen moves smoother but sometimes too smooth.

Heres my configga.

//Custom F Keys

bind F3 "ready" //Ready Up & Record Demo
bind F4 ref "PUTPASSWORDHERE" //Fast key for REF
bind F5 rconpassword "PUTPASSWORDHERE" //Fast key for RCON
bind F6 "screenshotjpeg;echo ^0JPEG format screenshot took" //Takes a JPEGscreenshot
bind F7 "echo ^0Video Restarting;say_team vid_restart;wait 35;vid_restart" //Restarts your videos memory and applies new video settings

//Class Script

bind F8 "vstr class_sold;" //Cycles through soldier class
bind F9 "vstr class_medi;" //Cycles through medic class
bind F10 "vstr class_engy;" //Cycles through engineer class
bind F11 "vstr class_fo;" //Cycles through field op class
bind F12 "vstr class_cov;" //Cycles through covert op class

set class_sold "vstr sold_panz"
set sold_panz "class s 4; echo ^3* ^0Soldier w/ Panzer ^3*; say_team ^3*** ^4S^7oldier ^4w^7/ ^4P^7anzer ^3***;set class_sold vstr sold_mg"
set sold_mg "class s 2; echo ^3* ^0Soldier w/ Mobile MG42 ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4S^7oldier ^4w^7/ ^4M^7obile ^4M^7G^44^72 ^3***; set class_sold vstr sold_mort"
set sold_mort "class s 5; echo ^3* ^0Soldier w/ Mortar ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4S^7oldier ^4w^7/ ^4M^7ortar ^3***; set class_sold vstr sold_flame"
set sold_flame "class s 3; echo ^3* ^0Soldier w/ Flamer ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4S^7oldier ^4w^7/ ^4F^7lamethrower ^3***; set class_sold vstr sold_panz"

set class_medi "vstr medi_1"
set medi_1 "class m 1; echo ^3* ^0Medic ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4M^7edic ^4w^7/ ^4S^7M^4G ^3***;set class_medi vstr medi_2"
set medi_2 "class m 1; echo ^3* ^0Medic ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4M^7edic ^4w^7/ ^4S^7M^4G ^3***;set class_medi vstr medi_1"

set class_engy "vstr engy_smg"
set engy_smg "class e 1; echo ^3* ^0Engineer w/SMG ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4E^7ngineer ^4w^7/ ^4S^7M^4G ^3***;set class_engy vstr engy_ns"
set engy_ns "class e 2; echo ^3* ^0Engineer w/RG ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4E^7ngineer ^4w^7/ ^4R^7ifle^4g^7renade ^3***;set class_engy vstr engy_smg"

set class_fo "vstr fo_1"
set fo_1 "class f 1; echo ^3* ^0Field Ops ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4F^7ield ^4O^7ps ^4(^7LT^4) ^4w^7/ ^4S^7M^4G ^3***;set class_fo vstr fo_2"
set fo_2 "class f 1; echo ^3* ^0Field Ops ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4F^7ield ^4O^7ps ^4(^7LT^4) ^4w^7/ ^4S^7M^4G ^3***;set class_fo1 vstr fo_1"

set class_cov "vstr cov_sniper"
set cov_sniper "class c 3; echo ^3* ^0Covert w/ Sniper ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4C^7overt ^4w^7/ ^4S^7niper ^3***;set class_cov vstr cov_fg"
set cov_fg "class c 2; echo ^3* ^0Covert w/ FG42 ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4C^7overt ^4w^7/ ^4F^7G^44^72 ^3***;set class_cov vstr cov_sten"
set cov_sten "class c 1; echo ^3* ^0Covert w/ Sten ^3*;say_team ^3*** ^4C^7overt ^4w^7/ ^4S^7ten ^3***;set class_cov vstr cov_sniper"

//Weapon Keys

bind "1" "weaponbank 1;cg_drawgun 1" //Knife ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "2" "weaponbank 2;cg_drawgun 0" //Pistol ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "3" "weaponbank 3;cg_drawgun 1" //Gun ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "4" "weaponbank 4;cg_drawgun 1" //Grenade ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "5" "weaponbank 5;cg_drawgun 1" //Special ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "6" "weaponbank 6;cg_drawgun 1" //Special ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0
bind "7" "weaponbank 7;cg_drawgun 1" //Special ON or OFF by cg_drawgun 1 or 0

//Colors & Keys

bind 8 say_team ^aa^bb^cc^dd^ee^ff^gg^hh^ii^jj^kk^ll^mm^nn^oo^pp^qq^rr^ss^tt^uu^vv^ww^xx^yy^zz^11^22^33^44^55^66^77^88^99^00^<<<^>>>^:::^===^???^@@@^;;^;;^;;

bind "enter" +attack //Alt button for attack
bind "f" +activate //Prone up or down
bind "g" +mapexpand //Command Map
bind "n" opentimerinput //Opens ETpro Spawn Timer
bind "m" resettimer //Resets Timer So you can track enemies spawn time
bind "x" +prone //Activate switch, button, etc.
bind "z" "kill;forcetapout" //Slash kill and Forcedtapout

//FPS and Trickjumping

bind - "vstr fps_change"
set fps_change "vstr fps_76"
set fps_76 "com_maxfps 76; echo ^0Frames @ 76; set fps_change vstr fps_85"
set fps_85 "com_maxfps 85; echo ^0Frames @ 85; set fps_change vstr fps_125"
set fps_125 "com_maxfps 125; echo ^0Frames @ 125; set fps_change vstr fps_999"
set fps_999 "com_maxfps 999; echo ^0Frames @ 999; set fps_change vstr fps_76"

bind = "vstr pmove_change"
set pmove_change "vstr pmove_change1"
set pmove_change1 "pmove_fixed 0; echo ^0Pmove_Fixed OFF; set pmove_change vstr pmove_change2"
set pmove_change2 "pmove_fixed 1; echo ^0Pmove_Fixed ON; set pmove_change vstr pmove_change1"

//Voice Chat Comm Custom on Keypad

bind kp_slash say_team "^3*** ^5ENEMY IS SPAWNING NOW ^3***"
bind * say_team "^3*** ^5GET FLAG ^0| ^5COVER OBJECTIVE ^3***"
bind kp_minus mp_fireteamadmin //Controls FIRETEAM add, remove, kick, inviteto fireteams
bind kp_plus vsay_team ftfallback //Fallback Voicechat
bind kp_enter vsay ftattack //Attack Voicechat
bind kp_ins vsay ftexplorearea //Explore the Area Voicechat
bind kp_del selectbuddy -2 //Highlight ALL members of FIRETEAM in REDw/symbols above their heads
bind kp_end vsay ftmortar //Deploy Mortar Voicechat
bind kp_downarrow vsay_team ftcallairstrike //Call an Airstrike Voicechat
bind kp_pgdn vsay_team ftcallartillery //Call in Artillery Voicechat
bind kp_leftarrow vsay_team fthealsquad //Heal the Squad Voicechat
bind kp_5 vsay_team ftreviveme //Revive Me Voicechat
bind kp_rightarrow vsay_team ftresupplysquad //Resupply Squad Voicechat
bind kp_home vsay_team ftconstructobjective //Construct Objective Voicechat
bind kp_uparrow vsay_team ftrepairobjective //Repair Objective Voicechat
bind kp_pgup vsay_team ftdestroyobjective //Destroy Objective Voicechat

//Spawn Script

bind "home" "SetSpawnPT 1; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^41 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint1"
bind "pgup" "SetSpawnPT 2; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^42 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint2"
bind "end" "SetSpawnPT 3; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^43 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint3"
bind "pgdn" "SetSpawnPT 4; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^44 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint4"
bind "del" "SetSpawnPT 5; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^45 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint5"
bind "ins" "SetSpawnPT 6; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^46 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint6"

//Config for ET

//ETPro

b_altHud "2" //Little ETPro Hud
b_antilag "1" //ETPro Anti-Lag
b_chatflags "0" //Flags by players name
b_chatsounds "0" //Turn of global/team chat sounds
b_drawranks "0" //Draw ranks to players names
b_goatsound "1" //Goat Knife Sound ETPro 1=ON 0=OFF
b_hitsounds "1" //Turn OFF or ON hitsounds in etpro DEFAULT=0 HITSOUNDS=1 HEADSHOTS=2
b_logbanners "1" //Log server banners
b_muzzleflash "0" //Turn OFF or ON muzzleflash of the guns barrel in etpro DEFAULT=0
b_numPopups "-1" //Turn Pop Ups OFF
b_optimizePrediction "1" //Optimized Prediction is ON or OFF
b_panzerhack "1" //Panzer hack ON or OFF
b_popupTime "0" //Seconds of popup time
b_shovesounds "1" //Shove sounds
b_tracers "1" //Tracers ON or oFF
b_watermark "0" //Watermark
b_watermarkalpha "0" //Alpha Watermark

//In Game Player Effects

cg_announcer "1" //Turn ON or OFF that ET announcer
cg_atmosphericeffects "0" //Rain and Snow ON or OFF
cg_autoaction "0" //Demo, screens, extra
cg_autoreload "1" //Auto Reload ON or OFF
cg_autoactivate "1" //Auto Activate buttons, objs, and anything used for "F" default activate key
cg_autoswitch "1" //Switch to pistol auto, or switch to different weapon by choice DEFAULT=1 OFF=0
cg_bloodDamageBlend "0.0" //Blended damage recieved
cg_bloodtime "0" //Delay of bloodtime given
cg_bloodflash "0.25" //Flashing of blood recieved 0.25 = light 0.50 = medium 0.75= heavy and 1.0 = full
cg_bobup "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_bobpitch "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_bobroll "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_bobyaw "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_brassTime "0" //Brass aka shells of bullets ground ON or OFF
cg_complaintpopup "0" //Compalints ON or OFF 1=ON 0=OFF
cg_crosshaircolor "white" //Choose your color white/red/black/blue/yellow/orange/green/etc..
cg_crosshairhealth "0" //Show your health on your crosshair
cg_crosshairpulse "0" //Crosshair pulses when moving
cg_crosshairsize "44" //Crosshairsize 1-99
cg_cursorHints "1" //Showcg_recoilPitch "0" hints Dyno here, push switch, etc...
cg_complaintPopUp "0" //Turns complaints ON or OFF
cg_coronas "0" //Light Coronas ON or OFF
cg_coronafardist "0" //Coronas distances lights ON or OFF
cg_drawBuddies "1" //Show your buddies
cg_drawCompass "1" //Compass ON or OFF
cg_drawCrosshair "5" //Crosshair type
cg_drawCrosshairNames "1" //Draw names on the crosshair
cg_drawCrosshairPickups "1" //Crosshair pickups
cg_drawfps "1" //Shows your frames per second ON or OFF
cg_drawFireteamOverlay "1" //Auto overlay your fireteam
cg_drawRoundTimer "1" //Round timer ON or OFF
cg_drawReinforcementTime "1" //Reinforcement timer ON or OFF
cg_drawSpreadScale "1" //Scale spreads
cg_drawweaponiconflash "0" //Draw your weapon with color while using 1=DEFAULT 0=OFF
cg_errordecay "100" //Default leave alone
cg_fastSolids "1" //Solids ON or OFF
cg_fov "90" //Your Field of View 90=DEFAULT to MAX=110 PB Reg in Leagues
cg_gibs "0" //Body parts after death ON or OFF
cg_lagometer "0" //Meter for lag ON or OFF
cg_marktime "0" //Wall shots lifetime of marks ON or OFF
cg_popupLimboMenu "0" //Popup Limbo when connected to server
cg_printObjectiveInfo "0" //Print Objecitve OFF and ON
cg_recoilPitch "0" //Pitch after shot
cg_runpitch "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_runroll "0" //Bobbing while moving on the your screen
cg_shadows "0" //Ground shadows ON or OFF
cg_showblood "0" //Blood ON or OFF
cg_teamchatsonly "0" //Team chats only ON or OFF
cg_teamchattime "9999" //Your teams chat stays on until the next message is sent
cg_useScreenshotJPEG "1" //Sets JPEG for screenshots
cg_weaponCycleDelay "0" //Weapons cycling delay between switching of each weapon
cg_wolfparticles "0" //Art, grenades and explosions ON or OFF

//Client Options

cl_allowDownload "1" //Allows downloads from the server to your PC maps, modsand paks ON or OFF
cl_autoupdate "1" //Snatch updates from the server ON or OFF
cl_doubletapdelay "0" //Tapping when knocked down to prone
cl_maxpackets "76" //Packets of bandwidth sent 30=DEFAULT to 100=RECOMMENDED forleague most PB -15 to 100
cl_mouseaccel "0" //Mouse accelaration ON or OFF
cl_packetdup "1" //Send duplicate packets when loss one DEFAULT=1
cl_punkbuster "1" //Enable or disable punkbuster on client side 1=DEFAULT andRECOMMENDED 0=OFF
cl_run "1" //Run or Walk DEFAULT=1
cl_timenudge "0" //Time nudge ON or OFF 0=OFF RECOMMENDED 1=ON
cl_wwwDownload "1" //Allows FTP and HTTP downloads to your PC maps, mods and paksON or OFF 1=ON RECOMMENDED 0=OFF

//Computer usuage for ET

com_hunkmegs "256" //Default = 56 and MAX RAM on SYSTEM used to run ETRECOMMENDED using HALF of your RAM avabile on your system IE you have 256MB then set this from 56 to 128
com_introplayed "0" //Play Intro (ET Movie) 0=OFF 1=DEFAULT
com_maxfps "76" //Default = 85 frames per second can use 43, 76, 125, or 333 fortrickjumping
com_soundmegs "64" //Default = 24 and MAX=64 NOT RECOMMENDED changing this used for sound allocating
com_zonemegs "64" //Default = 24 and MAX=64 NOT RECOMMENDED changing this used for scripts

//Punkbuster
pb_security 0 //PB Security certain things kicked for
pb_sleep 60 //PB checks your computer every xxx amount of seconds
pb_system 1 //PB on your system

// Rate for Client

rate "25000" //Your maxrate of bandwidth capped between 2500 to 25000 by PB or5000 to 25000 league
snaps "40" //Snap updates screenshots from server to you 20=Cable 30=DSL 40=NotRecommended PB 20 to 40

//Video Effects

r_allowExtensions "1" //Extension ON or OFF Default 1 please do not change
r_ati_fsaa_samples "1" //ATI Stuff
r_ati_truform_tess "1" //ATI Truform
r_ati_truform_pointmode "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_LINEAR" //ATI Truform Pointmode
r_ati_truform_normalmode "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_LINEAR" //ATI Truform Linear Pointmode
r_clamptoedge "1" //Unknown DEFAULT=1
r_colorbits "0" //Color Bits
r_detailtextures "0" //Detailed Textures ON or OFF
r_depthbits "0" //Depth bits
r_displayrefresh "0" //Display of your montiors refresh
r_dlightbacks "1" //Background lighting DEFAULT=1
r_drawsun "0" //Sun ON or OFF
r_dynamiclight "0" //Flashing of lights of guns and reflections ON or OFF
r_ext_ATI_pntriangles "0" //ATI Triangles
r_ext_compressed_textures "1" //Toggle compression of textures (uses less vid ram, less quality, and slower loading. 1=ON 0=OFF
r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1" //Vertex Array Lighting dont turn OFF
r_depthbits "0" //Color Depth Bits
r_ext_gamma_control "1" //Controls ur video gamma
r_ext_multitexture "1" //Pixel multitextures
r_ext_NV_fog_dist "0" //FOG on or off for NVidia
r_ext_texture_env_add "1" //Added textures in game DEFAULT=1
r_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic "0" //Anisotropic ON or OFF
r_facePlaneCull "1" //Unknown
r_fastsky "1" //Sky ON or OFF
r_flares "0" //Rich light flares flashing ON or OFF
r_finish "0" //Unknown
r_fullscreen "1" //Fullscreen ON or OFF 1=Default 0=OFF
r_gamma "1.6" //Adjust your brightness from 1.30=DEFAULT to 3.00=MAX
r_glDriver "opengl32" //Default OpenGL driver
r_glIgnoreWicked3D "0" //Ignore Wicked 3D Errors
r_highqualityvideo "1" //Quality of Videos DEFAULT=1
r_ignorehwgamma "0" //Hardware gamma errors
r_ignoreFastPath "0" //Ignore fast write to vid card
r_ignoreGLerrors "1" //Ignore OpenGL errors
r_intensity "1.5" //Color intensity
r_lodbias "0" //Change the geometry
r_mapoverbrightbits "3" //2=Default 3=Better Lighting for maps
r_mode 8 "safe" //3=640x480 4=800x600 5=960x720 6=1024x768 7=1152x864 8=1280x1024
r_overbrightbits "0.99" //Brightness of total enviorment like gamma DEFAULT=0
r_nv_fogdist_mode "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" //FOG textures mode for Nvidia cards
r_rmse "0.0" //Unknown DEFAULT=0.0
r_picmip "0" //1=Default 2=Peformance 3=Best Performance for TEXTURES in ET
r_primitives "0" //Unknown DEFAULT=1
r_roundimagesdown "1" //1=Default 2=Rounder Players
r_simplemipmaps "1" //Mip mapping detail level 1=DEFAULT
r_smp "0" //SMP
r_subdivisions "4" //Amount of divisions of the pixels generated 999=Lowest 4=DEFAULT
r_stencilbits "0" //Amount of stencils
r_stereo "0" //Stero Bits
r_swapinterval "0" //Swap graphic intervals
r_texturebits "0" //Texture bits
r_textureMode "GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR" //Trilenear or Bilenear Filtering use LINEAR on the last line to make Trilenear
r_uifullscreen "0" //FOG ON or OFF

//Sound

s_khz "44" //Sound @ 44khz default = 22

//Extras

bind \ exec bind.cfg //Execs this config
m_pitch "0.01501" //Set your mouse's pitch (up or down) speed
pmove_fixed "0" //Start player movement to 0 DEFAULT = 0
sensitivity "3" //Adjust mouse sensitivity .001 to 99
vid_restart
http://www.r3vclan.com

"Old School, always Professional."
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

Maybe it's "pmove_fixed 1" on the client side in combo with serverside "b_fixedphysics 1". As I recall correctly, this could give strange behaviour.
Deus

Post by Deus »

pro wrote: bind F4 ref "PUTPASSWORDHERE" //Fast key for REF
bind F5 rconpassword "PUTPASSWORDHERE" //Fast key for RCON
would you mind playing on my server for a few minutes ;) ?
Nail

Post by Nail »

actually, we really should tell him anyone can grab his passwords the way he's done that
:roll:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome