Feature Request: b_fullredirect

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dragon

Feature Request: b_fullredirect

Post by dragon »

We've had a few people who arent happy with being redirected when the server is full (We've enabled the redirect function) These peeps are happy to wait in a queue for a slot to open up.

Any chance of a client-side Cvar so that players who don't want to be redirected are NOT redirected when the server is full?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Already exists in 2.60:
ui_autoredirect 0
send lawyers, guns and money
dragon

Post by dragon »

There you go, didn't know about it :)

Thanks.
hiro

Post by hiro »

The redirect popup currently gives players the choice of 'Yes', to accept the redirect, or 'No', which drops them back to the main ET UI screen.

It would be preferable if there were three options: 1. 'Yes' - accept the redirect. 2. 'No' - quit the connection. 3. 'Wait' - stay in queue with 'server is full' message until a slot is available.

I don't know if etpro can do this but if there's ever another patch this would be a useful addition.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

A fouth option: ask
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hiro wrote:The redirect popup currently gives players the choice of 'Yes', to accept the redirect, or 'No', which drops them back to the main ET UI screen.

It would be preferable if there were three options: 1. 'Yes' - accept the redirect. 2. 'No' - quit the connection. 3. 'Wait' - stay in queue with 'server is full' message until a slot is available.

I don't know if etpro can do this but if there's ever another patch this would be a useful addition.
yeh i asked that duirn the 2.60 test i think if u click no u should stay waiting i dont think there even needs tobe a 3rd button or it
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Since this is in UI, it could perhaps be modified for those who start with +set fs_game etpro.

Honestly, the only situation I would want to be redirected is ETTV. I don't see the point of putting it on normal servers at all. If the server I want to join is full, I almost certainly want to wait, or pick another.
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

Agree with the previous 2 posts: popup should offer to redirect or wait. Very useful for ETTV, not interested otherwise.

Ofc, that's just IMO, but above method should suit all.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

but to get back that prob not is it needs tobe fixed or not

its an et 2.60 etmain thingy and when u connect to a server your game doesnt load etpro yet so if etpro fixes it it will olny work for ppl who start thier clients whit +fs_game etpro
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Well that's something those that don't will have to adapt if they care enough.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.