Spawn Point Alerts

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Spawn Point Alerts

Post by ouroboro »

It would be fantabulously neat-o if the placename was shown when you press a setspawnpt bind. Either in the popup area or (I suppose preferably) in the alert area where class selections are shown.

Example: Battery, Allies. You press a key bound to "setspawnpt 2" and are alerted with "You will spawn at Allied East Beach."

This would save having to make a spawn script for every map, or memorize which placename corresponds to which spawnpt in the case of a "universal" selector.

Is it possible?
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Stop advertising ETPub features ... :lol:
Last edited by Ragnar_40k on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Emperor watch over you.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Yeah, that would be fabulous.

In the same manner, could it be possible to make the spawntimer use the opponents spawntime interval as default? with both issues taken care of, noone needs these huge scripts \o/
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Ragnar_40k wrote:Stop advertising ETPub features ... :lol:
Oops, sorry. I honestly wasn't aware ETPub had this, since I filter for only ETPro servers and thus am not up to speed on any other mod. If I'd known, I definately would have said "hey can you steal this idea from ETPub?" :oops:

Anyway, it's clearly a brilliant and necessary addition. I've recently trimmed the fat from my old bloated config and gone to a "universal" selector rather than umpteen-million map scripts. Sadly, it means I have to memorize every spawnpt for every map when that info could easily be spammed to my screen until I read the place I want.
Lagger wrote:In the same manner, could it be possible to make the spawntimer use the opponents spawntime interval as default?
Another great idea. Since I can get that info either via pb_cvarval, or (in the case of querying being disabled) via the serverinfo menu, I see no reason to put people through the hassle. Binding one key to "timerset" and having it automagically start counting down from the proper interval would be icing on the cake. 8)
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

What i dont like about etpro spawntimer is that i have to press resettimer exactly when enemy spawns if i want it to work right. I would like to see a timer in which you can enter spawntime (say 10 and it starts automaticly counting from 10) that works just like "teamchat spam with i.e. 10/30/50 or 00/30" timers. i hop you get what i mean. I'm tired...
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

why don't just display enemy reinforcements as well?
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

The Necromancer wrote:why don't just display enemy reinforcements as well?
That would be a gameplay change, the other suggestions simply alleviate the need for huge scripts.
Last edited by Lagger on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

If you ETPro is going to do this, then perhaps consider doing it with script variables. For example, %nextspawnpoint%

So it'd be like:
/bind key "setspawnpt 2; echo Spawning at %nextspawnpoint%!"

To change spawn and get an echo of "Spawning at Allied East Beach!"

Then you could have other variables for other stuff aswell... Not that I can think of an example of others you'd want right now... :/

Also maybe only replace those variables for echos, so you dont get noobs running round going
"SPAWNING AT Allied East Beach! - CURRENT HEALTH 71 - CURRENT AMMO 12/30 - CURRENT LOCATION West Bunker - .... etc"
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

The Necromancer wrote:why don't just display enemy reinforcements as well?
Lagger wrote:That would be a gameplay change, the other suggestions simply alleviate the need for huge scripts.
I assume both are replays to what i wrote. What i wanted to say is when i miss pressing reset timer in say 59 (and enemyteam respawn time is 30) i have to wait till 29, now say i'm in fight at that time i have to wait another 30 sec to press reset timer. That's why i use huge spawntimer script. Adding option to enter time like in spawntimer scripts would also "alleviate the need for huge scripts". Fact. If you still dont understand what i'm talking about you never had a good timer script imo so tell me and i'll upload it somewhere and also add screenshots with explenations (for necro so he can stop _trying_ to be sarcastic, and so you lagger can see it's _not_ gameplay change at all).
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Nope, you got it wrong. I replied to The Necromancer. (and edited the post to resemble that)
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

soz then :wink: