max_fieldops?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Chimaera

max_fieldops?

Post by Chimaera »

i hear a lot of complaints from aroudn the world, not just australia saying they want restrictions on fieldops. We do have the charge bar red light thingo but this would be much better. Admins of ladders want to reduce spam by setting maxpanzers to 1 and shizzle but leave fieldops at normals when as i see it 204 fieldops can stop a team dead as much as 2 panzers can.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Got HWR?

Ffs, when are you aussies gonna catch up and set g_heavyWeaponRestriction? :P :P

I mean, it's even in ETMAIN! :P :P
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

Iceman doesn't like HWR, so we'll never use it in GA.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

"Common sense isn't very common."
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

dA*Rogue wrote:Iceman doesn't like HWR, so we'll never use it in GA.
Yeah, well... pfffft... I mean, c'mon - sifn't O2 conspiracy and all :twisted:

PS: iceman ams 1337 :P
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

I love how Rogue posts "fact" about future GA settings every time he gets the chance.

Unless you know something I don't Rogue, best to keep your mouth shut else you continue to look the fool.

I'd like to see a max_fieldops setting too, but i'm also against the idea of having max_* for every class, cause it's going to lead down a slippery slope of admins of leagues deciding what class loadouts should be run.

Maxpanzers or soldier classes is necessary simply to stop the spam which ruins ET clan play.

I can live without maxfieldops, a team that runs 5 fieldops will certainly be able to lay down some artillery fire for spamming instead of using panzers and mg42's, but they're sacrificing that with running only 2 medics, and in the end that's gonna cost you.

If you can spawn camp 1 or 2 of those fieldops and keep them in limbo for 30 seconds, that's less spam and with only a few medics the defence is going to find it hard to stop your offensive rush.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
Chimaera

Post by Chimaera »

pfft, panzers arent full of spam iceman, you just hate them cause oxygen only win 2 games out of 10.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

I love how Rogue posts "fact" about future GA settings every time he gets the chance.

Unless you know something I don't Rogue, best to keep your mouth shut else you continue to look the fool.
KingJackal was baiting us Aussies (playfully), and since you have posted your (negative) opinion regards HWR on the GA forums <I'll find the link if you wish to deny it> I don't think it'll be implemented in a GA comp...I just mentioned that.

Don't see how that makes me a fool, nor see how it's me posting about future GA settings as much as I can. I didn't think it was anything to have a cry about Iceman, but I'll delete my post if it upsets you so.