Banner bug?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

red

Banner bug?

Post by red »

I tested this out at my localhost (ETPro 3.0.1 & windows), and the banners work fine. When our server admin pastes those lines in the server.cfg the output gets screwed out. The banners DO show up, but the way that they do is wrong. For example the output should be "Visit us: #clan.ffb @ quakenet", but the one showing up at our server is "Visit us: #cla/par". What's wrong?

This is the code i have:
seta b_logbanners "1"
seta b_banner4 ""
seta b_banner3 "^0V^7isit us: ^0#^7clan^1.^7ffb^0@ ^7quakenet"
seta b_banner2 ""
seta b_banner1 "^0C^7lan^1.^7ffb ^0E^7tpro #1"
seta b_bannerlocation "4"
seta b_bannertime "20"
seta b_banners "4"
Last edited by red on Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Naked Pope

Re: Banner bug?

Post by Naked Pope »

red wrote:When our server admin pastes those lines in the server.cfg the output gets screwed out.
Maybe a copy & paste error or? Maybe this thread helps http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=3360

Or maybe empty banner lines aren't ok? You could try it like this:

Code: Select all

seta b_banners "2"
seta b_logbanners "1"
seta b_banner1 "^0C^7lan^1.^7ffb ^0E^7tpro #1"
seta b_banner2 "^0V^7isit us: ^0#^7clan^1.^7ffb^0@ ^7quakenet"
seta b_bannerlocation "4"
seta b_bannertime "40"
Deus

Re: Banner bug?

Post by Deus »

red wrote:... the output should be "Visit us: #clan.ffb @ quakenet", but the one showing up at our server is "Visit us: #cla/par". What's wrong?
I tried this one line with our server and it worked fine.

maybe your serveradmin screwed things up.
is he using .cfg or .config file ?

Maybe the empty banners can be blamed.

check the b_banner2 with rcon.

PS. You should add a space between .ffb and the @ sign if you want it to be displayed as in your description, but that is not causing the failure.
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

this is a simple fix and you will probably say oh my god but I had the same problem, when you go to your desktop right click and go to new and make a new text document not a Rich Text Document or Word Document but a standard text document. then paste the info in the txt file and save it then rename it to what you need it to be.

For some reason when you use the other two types of documents when you rename it it wacks it out for some reason and everything works still but you will get those messages on your banner as well as the console will say somthing along the liones of you can't use blah blah blah as a character.

This will fix your problem if you do it this way.
red

Post by red »

Oh my god. :> Thanks.
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

excellent answer, i did a search and found this thread, i had the same problem. Although you dont need to open a new text document and then copy and paste it to the new, all you have to do is open up your server.cfg and "save as" and then change the filetype there. You then change the filetype to "text". Thank you it helped me out.