prevent change between phrone and stand too fast

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Leviathan

prevent change between phrone and stand too fast

Post by Leviathan »

there is a problem i´ve come across last few cws i wanna diskuss here...

Some players came up with some new sort of evasive tactic, to go phrone. They start close combat fighting, go phrone, get up again, doggse some bullets an go phrone again...

Of course, beside the fact that in Real Life no can go phrone and get up multiple times in a firefight, it is the intension besides the action that makes me angry.... They want to evade my bullets, thats ok, so do i.... but these tactic is to aviod headshots, cause the playermodel goes phrone quite instantly, and gets up as fast as down. So, you are forced to inflict bodyshots, and, if you dont do as your enemy does, he has quite a major advantage (and i got in mind that aiming 4 him isnt much easier)

Can we call this some sort of exploit ? or do you think, this is a fair and familiar behaviour, no special about it ?

I want your opinions, Leviathan

btw, Bani, great work with ETPRO, sometimes plp forget to say "Thanks" ;)
Ich hasse Medics
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Yeah, this has been discussed before, and I'm certainly seeing more and more people doing this.

Check this thread:-

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=2581

I'm not sure what the outcome was, apart from Bani suggesting making the hitbox remain standing until the player is fully prone, i.e. you can shoot at where his head was, until he's completely prone, and still score a headshot.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

They prone, they're completly immobile and now you have the right to call them a n00b to their face. Alot of people do it, but its nothing seriously bad and nothing that you cant deal with. They aren't godlike for that second, adjust your aim and shoot. Its quite simple.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

yea, i've had this happen to me once or twice, very annoying. i'd always wondered why some people went prone (assuming that going prone was just to better your aim) when crouching improves your aim by nearly as much as going prone. i think the hitboxes while prone are also off, even without this sort of faul behavior.

i think it would kick ass to have like a way of seeing the hitboxes... sortof like the in construction thing, the white clouds. this would fix so many problems with aim and teaching you where to shoot... but then again, it would probably be hard as hell, and i'm sure tons of people will find SOME problem with it, lol.
"Common sense isn't very common."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

they actually can move while going and are prone, just aim at their feet when you see them going prone
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

afaik in the new version coming out, the prone hitbox will be gradual, so probably standing, crouching, proning hitbox.

While that will be better, I don't think it's enough. I think that if you're going prone you shouldn't be able to fire UNTIL you're in teh prone position.

It's a cheap exploit it takes away the fun of a good smg duel.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I don't get it :/
I've had quite a few players prone in front of me in a firefight, and, unless i'm already very near death, I almost always get them. This includes players who are usually much better than me 1v1.

To get headshots, the proner has to adjust their aim just about as much as you do. It is actually even more deceptive to them, because while their bullet origin moves instantly, their POV takes time to reach prone position.

Are people setting their sensitivity so low they can't quickly aim at someone who goes prone ?

Crouch also instantly moves your headbox, but I don't see people complaining about that. :roll:

Some people have also claimed that you are invulnerable while going prone, but that is simply not true.
send lawyers, guns and money
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

I don't get it either, unless your vertical sensitivity = .02 or something i don't see the problem
Warfare

Post by Warfare »

this phrone cheaters make me so angry
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Warfare wrote:this phrone cheaters make me so angry
why? can't you aim your mouse down a little? that's how you beat them...
My Website
smelly1

Post by smelly1 »

I think it all stems from a players "double tap" prone being enabled in their controls.I used to do it too untill I noticed I could disable it :roll:
Chimaera

Post by Chimaera »

gotenk you noob its cause of the prone hitboxes
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Chimaera wrote:gotenk you noob its cause of the prone hitboxes
Exactly! And it's fixed in ET Pro 2.1!

Yarr! ET Pro 2.1 will save us all!! :P :D

But seriously, this is yet another one of the bug-fixes in the new version of ET Pro. So just hold out until Bani, Rain and the team have polished it up, and it'll be all good! :)
Warfare

Post by Warfare »

KingJackaL wrote:
Exactly! And it's fixed in ET Pro 2.1!

Yarr! ET Pro 2.1 will save us all!! :P :D

But seriously, this is yet another one of the bug-fixes in the new version of ET Pro. So just hold out until Bani, Rain and the team have polished it up, and it'll be all good! :)
sounds great! bani for president :D
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yeah chimera you noob, and that's why you aim down... at their feet... they don't dissapear they just instaniously go down.
My Website